June 15, 2011
“Europe of Human Rights” is a blog aimed at analizing the EU and CoE legislation impact on human rights from a Central Eastern European country perspective. Both the European Union and the Council of Europe take a number of legislative initiatives and develop recommendations that have an impact on human rights in Europe. The blog will focus on the below listed subjects:
- European Union Accession to the European Convention on Human Rights.
- Data Retention Directive.
- The European Arrest Warrant.
- The right to defense in a criminal trial.
- European anti-discrimination law.
- The process started in Interlaken – the reform of the European Court of Human Rights.
- Accession to the Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence.
- Human rights in the Eastern Partnership.
- Polish Presidency and human rights.
- European Union – Russia Forum
The blog is run by Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights activists, working for the project “Europe of Human Rights”: www.europapraw.orgAuthor : Europe of Human Rights